Thursday, June 11, 2009

How's the new job?


The question was...

How's the new job coming along? Are you running the show yet?

And my reply...

Hey!
The new job is not good. I am working in a HOVEL Maria! There aren't even any windows near me! The air conditioner - when its working - whines, no one sits near me, they have nothing for me to do and I just took my first sip of the staff coffee and nearly choked!!!!! I am so depressed and I totally did this to myself!

LUCKILY, I am doing Landmark and so I am going to get OUT of here! I am committed to the possibility of finding something that I am excited about, that makes me want to come to work in the morning and feel sucessful. It will involve lots of people, be close to where I live and there will be nice places to eat and get coffee close by. The offices/space will be bright and pleasant, but I will only be in the office part of the time because I will be out doing something I love the other half of the day.

I will be able to wear nice things to work, the bathroom won't look like something hideous exploded in it (and that's the women's washroom!) and eventually the tall, handsome, intelligent, powerfully-communicating single owner of the company will say to me: "I can't bear to keep looking across the room at you and not have you for myself! Even though you are a wildly successful XYZ and the company will not be the same if you leave, I need to ask you to run away with me (for a couple of months because obviously my input in the company is too integral for me to be gone longer) and live a life of almost embarrassing luxury and leisure!" I will reply modestly (but knowing he is right) that I will only run away with him and live in his huge castle in (Point Grey? no, too stuffy... West Van? no, to obvious...) the older beautiful Dunbar area if he promises that a) I can park in the garage, b) my name goes on the deed and finally c) we can have fabulous parties every weekend and be surrounded by all our best friends, like Oprah, Eva Longoria, Gregor Robertson, Michelle and Barack Obama and Johnny Depp.

oh, and we'll obviously have BEAUTIFUL babies (delivered by that hot blond doctor on, The Doctors) but you won't even be able to tell I've had kids because I'll work with Gwenyth Palthrow's personal trainer and have a butt that makes Jessica Biel jealous.

so, bad news...I think I hate my new job. Good news, I have a plan.

Enjoy the beautiful day (it could be snowing for all I know!),
Amber

1 comment:

  1. Love this fantasy-that-will-be-realized-very-soon! Did you write this at work? I thought you were piled up with work from the first meeting? done it already? You are too good for this obviously!

    ReplyDelete